Monday, August 26, 2013

Trending, What Is In The Air

I finally finished up the article for Holt Magazine and sent it out to the editor.  Hope it will be what they were looking for.  It is really hard to compress years worth of experiences into 1000 words.  I was so frustrated trying to hit the right tone and information.  I enjoy writing....I've proven and bored all of you for a long time, but sometimes it's hard to write....is that what they term "writer's block".

Generally, Lucas and Eli supply me with enough material to keep up a steady stream.  Sometimes it has to take a back seat to life.  Chores, errands, practices, games, family, school, homework.  Sometimes I'm just tired....and apparently having a pity party!

I follow several internet friends' blogs, mainly on adoption and it's relevant issues.  I think we all must be having a collective writer's block.  I'm not the only one having trouble writing regularly.  There is strength and encouragement in numbers, right?  So for every time I open a friends' blog to read the latest update or article and find that life has overtaken them and they haven't posted lately, I will make an even more concerted effort to write regularly.

It's not as if life and especially the boys' lives are standing still....there is a lot to document, the good and the frustrating.  Next post we will start on the questions that were asked by some of you out there in blog world.  Thanks for being patient and continuing to check out the Pickle Patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment