Monday, April 22, 2013

Bring On The Homework

Some days a mom just knows that when you see your child approaching you should be taking a seat.  It's just self preservation.  I was sitting at the computer on Sunday when I have a very ratty, purple school folder shoved under my nose by Eli.  "MOM!  I've got papers."

Eli always has papers but for some reason yesterday morning he did not have to be asked if he had papers or homework.  He left me with a pile to review, pulled out a chair and said, "I have homework.  I need to get busy."  And busy he got.  I was totally in shock.

He set in that chair for two hours solid.  Much erasing, sighing and writing.  Never once did he stop.  He wouldn't take a break for anything.  It was amazing to watch.  I couldn't help but think about his initial report on short attention span and educational concerns.....yep, I'm thinking that was not an accurate assessment of what he can do...at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment