Thursday, March 28, 2013

Are You Sure?

Sometimes a mom can make a mistake.  Never will a child forget when mom makes the mistake.  Ever.  I truly believe that if children would direct this memory skill to educational materials they would all be brilliant.
Unfortunately this skill is solely held for the purpose of reminding parents that we are fallible.

Most of the time I like working in a different school district than the one our kids attend.  One of the major drawbacks to it is that the two district calendars don't always coincide.  This week I'm off a day earlier and they have a day off after I return to work.

On Monday we go over the schedule for the week, practices, early outs, doctors, etc.  This Monday I messed up and told Lucas and Eli they didn't have school on Thursday, on Tuesday I had to tell them I had it mixed up and yes they did have school...oops sorry!  They have not forgotten nor forgiven my mistake to the tune of telling me about it numerous times a morning, afternoon and night.

As I headed out the door this morning, Eli was still saying, "Mom.  You know we have to go to school Thursday, right?"  I said yes that's right.  His immediate response, "You're sure right, cause you know you messed up."  Thanks son.  You have a good day and turn your long memory into a positive thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment