Friday, March 29, 2013

Lou Gehrig's Life As Told By Eli

Baseball season has begun....yeah...YEAH!  Lucas and Eli will once again have practices every night.  Our practice free time frame?   3 nights, one of which was Sunday with no practice to rush off to.  This year it looks like we have two designated pitchers, on two different teams.  We've had one injury so far (Luke bruised up his forearm....lesson learned, pitchers have to move).  

We watched a movie with a sports announcer as one of the characters.  Afterwards as we were picking up and putting everything away, Eli starts to tell us all his knowledge of the famous baseball player Lou Gehrig.  The kid was a total fountain of knowledge concerning everything about the man.  If he were giving an oral book report he'd have achieved an A+.  

I know it would have received such high marks because I had to go check some of the facts Eli was telling us.  Granted, most of what I know about the man came from an old black and white movie but Eli was correct even on the most obscure things.

Now we get to the part where I messed up as a mom....I know, again.  I wanted to know where he learned all these facts and try to figure out how we could apply whatever method was used to other areas of his education.....guess what answer I got?   A hand wave over his shoulder, a shrug and a grunt.  Don't think I'll be learning any more specifics about the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment