Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What Were You Thinking

After Rachel's photo and video discovery from the last posting, I think the boys have watched and studied the video and pictures a dozen times.  As I said last time, Eli is convinced I had Lucas in a headlock and Lucas (and us) are amazed at how tiny they were.  At the time we registered all this but seeing it with time and distance really is an eye opener.

Mike asked Lucas this morning what were you thinking when we were walking in the airport to meet everyone.  He stopped for a second (thought he'd say scared, worried) his answer?  "Man was I tired!"  And they were.

At the time we were aware of the stress, trauma and anxiety we were all under, not to the degree that the boys were experiencing.  At the time I thought we were doing well, looking at these pictures...not so much.  Time and distance allow for a whole new level of clarity.

Now as a side note...I thought I looked remarkably alert...I was not.  The prevailing thought running through my head after 3 plane rides and 18+hours of travel?  I had to stay awake until I made it to the car, I needed to make sure to put one foot in front of the other.   I'm not sure I strung 3 coherent words together.  So grateful for the welcome home crowd and our friend who drove us home as I'm not sure we would have found our way.
Stressed and Exhausted
Growing Up Way Too Fast
                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment