Monday, January 14, 2013

Lost Treasures

This afternoon I had a wonderful surprise via Facebook from our daughter, Rachel.  In the midst of her "oh no I start back to classes tomorrow" cleaning extravaganza she uncovered her old camera.  She hasn't been able to use this camera for several years due to a missing cord...the cord which was unearthed today. 

After charging she discovered a wonderful treasure from 3 years ago.  It was many pictures and a video of our arrival back in Omaha from the Philippines with Lucas and Eli.  The video is a little shaky but amazing to see...just what everyone wants to view someone's home movie.  I have to confess I've watched it a dozen times tonight.  The feelings, sounds and people that made that walk so absolutely amazing and continue to share that journey are never forgotten.

After watching it tonight, one of Eli's comments?  "Mom, why are you choking Lucas?"  I wasn't he was just very overwhelmed and meeting new people took place from behind my back or with an arm around him.  I have to say it does look like I've got him in a choke hold.  So enjoy our "welcome home treasure."




No comments:

Post a Comment