Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Let Us Talk War

It's always interesting to hear what the boys tell us about their school day.  The standard question of "what happened at school today?"  can result in a multitude of answers, from a multitude of areas, from "nothing" to the more complex, fast paced description that requires repetition to understand it all.

Occupying most of Lucas school information for the past few days, has been war.  Somewhere amongst the questions and descriptions I thought he was talking about the American Civil War.  I'm sure he mentioned slavery and Abraham Lincoln but last night I received info from his teacher that they were actually talking about the Revolutionary War.

This morning I asked whether he had more information about the war.  His response, "I don't get it.  America has too many big words in their wars!  Mom.  It's a fight, you fight not talk!"  Ouch.  Maybe that is some politician's views too.

No comments:

Post a Comment