Thursday, January 17, 2013

How Did You Live Before Us?

As a kid, life is all about you.  Nothing happened before you arrived on Earth and everything has revolved around you since your arrival.  It's basic KID Mentality 101.  Lucas and Eli are firm subscribers to this philosophy and do everything within their abilities to ensure it lives on.

This morning, Eli was "taking care of me".  He was instructing me on his schedule, his doctor appointment, what time to arrive to pick him up from school for the doctor's appointment, his practice schedule, what time I needed to leave the house to ensure he is on time and then we moved on to Valentine's party, class achievement celebration and what he needs to bring to each.

Apparently, around the 40th item on his list of things to boss me about, I must have developed a certain "mom look" that either said you've crossed a line or a dazed expression communicating my total lack of understanding.  He stopped mid-sentence and said, "How did you EVER know what to do before I got here?"  I don't know perhaps your older sisters told me or here's a thought......I'm an adult, an organized, slightly OCD parent who is totally functional on day to day matters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment