Sunday, January 27, 2013

We Lost One

Even though this is Sunday night, our kids don't have school tomorrow due to teacher in service meetings.  I do have school because I work in a different district.  For some reason (insanity) I thought sure let's have Lucas' birthday sleep over tonight....I mentioned the insanity right?

He invited 6 friends then with Eli and him that made and even 8...until one of the friends got sick 30 minutes after arriving.  Poor kid, I felt so bad for him.  He'd only been here one time before and really doesn't know me all that well.  I turned around and there he stood, definitely not looking well.  He was a trooper and held it together until his dad arrived.

As a kid I still remember this happening to me.  You so badly want to stay and not be the "one" that left but man are you ever glad to see your mom or dad.  Hope he's better in the morning...hope we don't lose any more.  From the sounds of play in the basement they are going strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment