Monday, January 28, 2013

We Survived The Festivities....Barely

The birthday party week-end has come to a close.  Outside of the friend that had to go home due to illness, I believe they all survived....the jury is out for Mike and I.  I must confess, Mike took today off from work so I was oh so gratefully able to go to sleep by midnight while he contained the sugared up, ravenous crowd in the family room.

I think you can see from the pics that they were having fun...these were pre-sugar load.  Two trips in to the gymnasium of our church for a couple games of basketball helped run it off. 

My one surprise that I probably was not expecting?  I went into the family room to get a movie started and sleeping bags put out.  I walked in to the movie already on and the lights out (it's oh so much more scary that way :)  The only light source beside the tv?  A remote control car with light up wheels dangling from the ceiling beam of the family room.  Maybe that was their concession to not really wanting it quite so dark.



This last shot is his last gift opened.  He was so convinced he wasn't going to receive an IPod.  I've never seen him so thrilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment