Monday, January 7, 2013

Picking Out Colleges

Lucas will be turning 13 at the end of the month.  Here I was preparing to have another child become a "teenager" and the child was planning what?   Where he wants to go to college.  This is what he started talking about in the middle of planning his birthday party.

His idea for higher education?  A college close to home.  Why?  In his words...,"because it's close to home and I just got my home.  I don't want to leave it yet."  So what is this mother to do?  Go over to the computer to type this up and cover up the fact that he can bring me tears at any given moment with his insights.

Well we've got him for awhile yet and I'm sure by the time college actually gets here he will be looking at colleges all over the place.  Now I will return to the discussion Lucas and I were trying to have and plan a party for a son that is thoughtful beyond his years and still wants to be around the old folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment