Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Old School

As a parent I should know that if the thought of..."wow, it's really quiet"...as it regards to Lucas and Eli, I should know to not count on it lasting too long.  The trip to school this morning was one of those occasions.  

As we pulled into the parking lot, the errant thought of quiet passed through my brain just as Eli announces,  "Mom, you need to see our school in the Philippines.  It was huge.  A college, a high school and us little kids.  It had a big yard with a fence and a gate....and lots of guards."  Then we had 10 seconds of silence as he processed what he said.

He followed his thought up with,  "but we don't have guards here.  I like this better, I'm safe and it's good to come to school, I'm not afraid here."

Silence.  Sometimes it opens a door for a whole lot of meaning.  Puts a mom's whole day in perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment