Monday, December 3, 2012

She'll Never Marry Me

I don't know where certain conversations begin with the boys.  Suddenly I will find myself embroiled in a soul searching, philosophical conversation for which I am totally unprepared for.  You just never know which road Lucas and Eli are going to travel.

Some where Lucas began talking about changing names and was my last name Pickle when Mike and I married and why did I choose Pickle instead of Mike taking my last name and so there began the social/cultural custom of names after marriage.

At the end of this whole conversation (which took a loooong time) he flops back in the chair with the most pitiful look on his face and says, "But it's not fair!  I will never get a girl to marry me cause she would have to be a Pickle and she won't want to do that!"  I said, "I changed my name when Dad asked me to marry him." He said,  "But your the mom you have to say yes."  No son.  I was not always a mom, I did have a choice, even in the dark ages when I got married and yes you will find someone that says yes.....just not for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment