Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hall Monitor?

This week Eli informed us that he was the "name writer" in the hall.  Huh?  After much explaining we think he was chosen for the hall monitor to write student names down that were talking as they passed through the school hall.  Huh?  Eli?  This child has not stopped talking for the past year....that's a good thing but hall monitor?  Really?

He was very dignified when explaining his duties and how and whose name he had to write.  Then he named a boy who is a friend of his.  I asked how he handled getting his friend in trouble.  Eli's kind of looked sideways and said,  "Mom.  I gave him the warning sign first.  He stopped talking so I was ok, I didn't have to write his name down, besides he has a hard name to write.  The quiet sign was better." I think I need to learn the quiet sign for home use.

No comments:

Post a Comment