Saturday, May 26, 2012

Child. Remove Thy Foot

It finally happened this afternoon in the parking lot of our grocery store.  Eli realized he had said something and very accurately placed his foot in his mouth.  It's a milestone.  Most times Eli is in your face honest, blunt and rarely if ever means to insult or hurt anyone but with straight forwardness comes the very real possibility of coming off that way.

Today's statement that he actually caught himself and tried valiantly to remove his foot and back the conversation up?
I came out of the grocery store to find that Mike, Lucas and Eli had taken the Yukon for a much needed car wash.  I said, "Thanks guys for washing the Yukon, I appreciate it."

Eli from the backseat pipes up, "We didn't wash it.  The old man did."  Dead silence ensued as I was valiantly trying not to laugh as it would be inappropriate to refer to their dad as the old man....I lost the battle.  Eli, realizing what he said, sputtered,  "NO! NO! I not mean old man dad, I mean the REALLY old man at the car wash!"

No comments:

Post a Comment