Sunday, October 2, 2011

When The Women Are Away....

On Saturday, Sydney and I made the much dreaded grocery shopping trip. While we were slaving away, battling pre Nebraska football game crowds to bring home food which will be consumed at an amazing rate....oops that's another post.

One may wonder what the "boys" were up to? Well when I left the house this a.m. they were planning on driving up to one of Grandpa's farms to help with harvest. I (mistakenly) assumed this meant tractor riding, combine riding and general harvest type activities.....and there was some of that.

There was also the brilliant idea of the "boys" to take the go cart with them so that they could drive the mile long rows as grandpa combined. By the graphic and animated descriptions from Lucas and Eli there was little following the rows and a whole lot of spins, cookies and general mayhem in the field. By the amount of dirt on their clothes, in their hair, in their boots I'm really wondering how much dirt they left in grandpa's field. I also wonder at what point today Sydney and I were suppose to have that much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment