Monday, October 3, 2011

Hiking and Harvest Time

Hiking the Loess Hills of Iowa with Grandma Ruth


If you look closely at the photo above you will see why I have a washing machine full of soy beans and why Grandpa Jerry is short a few bushels. No boots + rolling in a wagon full of soy beans = fun for boys not so much fun for a mom who wasn't aware of the "fun" until it was too late.



Lucas and Eli had a great week-end helping with the start of harvest. I grew up on a farm but the boys think that because I'm a "girl" that I can't possibly know anything....never mind they had not seen a combine or John Deere tractor until 2 years ago.....


On the way to see my mom yesterday morning I misguidedly mentioned that there weren't any farmers combining the fields between our town and the next. Eli's disgusted, all-knowing farmer response? "Mom. (hurrumph) they not picking the corn...it is still GREEN...can you not see the green?? (hurrumph) My response? "Well....son....can you not SEE that tone of voice may not be your wisest decision?" Yes, yes he did choose a different tone from there on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment