Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ramps, Risk and Recovery

Guess what? I have no idea what so ever as to why the male species defies logic and common sense.

I have 3 people of the male persuasion (one being a decidedly "adult" husband) who have constructed some sort of haphazard ramp system in our front yard/patio area from which the other 2 males (risk taking sons) are launching themselves and their bicycles from as I type.

From my motherly eyes (in the house where I'm biting my tongue because everyone says this is how boys learn) I can see:

  1. this ramp involves 2 boards of questionable integrity and size

  2. an old railroad tie that probably has a trillion splinters waiting to embed in some one's nether regions

  3. 2 overly sugared up boys who are fighting over who gets the privilege of experiencing the ramp of wonder first

  4. a husband who is proudly grinning ear to ear that his sons are such marvels of construction.

They've got the ramp, they have the no holds barred mentality now I wonder if they've thought about which one of them has to come inside to tell me that they will need the band aids, Bactine and splinter extractor......hmmmm think its probably a good time to stop watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment