Monday, September 19, 2011

Things Are Changing

We had a request last night from Lucas which left Mike and I realizing once again how much and how far Lucas and Eli have traveled in nearly 2 years.

When Rachel moved back to college this fall, she moved into her own apartment (good for her...sad for the parents) which in turn left her old room vacant. Lucas came to us last night after supper and wanted to know if he could have his own room. Wham - up side the head - didn't really see that request coming for awhile yet.

Lucas and Eli have shared a room for 10 years. I think the only times they've not been together was when Lucas was in the hospital in the Philippines or the few times of over night stays with friends here in the U.S.

I guess what struck me was Lucas' request wasn't a "Hey! Finally I can have my own room." It was more I really want to try this. So once we talk (we do A LOT of talking) to make sure that it's really a choice he wants and we talk with Rachel (yes she will still have space to come home) we will see about making this move up (or down as the bedroom is downstairs by Sydneys' room).

Did I say how struck dumb I was by this....Eli was too....he's not real sure that this would be a good idea. Not because he wouldn't like his own room but because he realizes that would make him solely responsible for the messes in his room......no one ever said the kid wasn't thinking ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment