Wednesday, September 21, 2011

We Apologize to Visitors

It is really, REALLY a good thing that Sydney has a very understanding, tolerant boyfriend. Parker has known Lucas and Eli since they came home....it's a good thing.....because Parker is occasionally at our house during meals.

I've described in the past that our meal time conversations are not for the weak stomachs or those without humor. Sometimes it's like navigating a mine field requiring us to think 3 steps ahead of the ongoing conversation in order to anticipate what road the boys' brains will travel, inevitably ending any appropriate dinner conversation.

We were having a marinated steak dish (never tried recipe before so it looked different). I apologized before they started because I really wasn't sure what the end result was going to be. Parker, being the nice guy he is, said, "Oh, I'm sure it will be good, I'm used to being a guinea pig."

I knew it, I knew it. As soon as it was out of his mouth, Eli did not understand him. Eli's head came flying up and out comes, "WHAT! This GUINEA PIG! ME NO EAT IT!" It took a while to convince him that it was beef. Two pieces later he decided it was "pretty good." But he did in no uncertain terms let me know that he would not EVER eat a guinea pig. That's ok as I probably don't have a recipe for one either.

No comments:

Post a Comment