Friday, December 3, 2010

It's a Matter of Perspective

Last year at this time and temperature we never worried too much about the boys keeping their winter clothes on here at home or at school. Winter weather was definitely not their favorite. Well a year later they've become acclimated and have decided they don't need their coats, gloves or hats.

Okay, they are not dumb. They know they will get cold. They know it won't feel good when they warm up. But as Lucas very precisely and seriously explained to me last night, "I cannot play basketball with gloves. I cannot make baskets. I NEED to make baskets. Where are gloves that I can play basketball?" Well considering the windchill this week has been barely above zero, silly mom that I am, put their heavier gloves out for them to wear to school.

Lucas went to the glove drawer and pulled out the $1.00/Walmart knit gloves and proclaimed that they were the much needed basketball gloves....oh they also needed to be black. Hmmmm.....whatever gets him through recess without frostbite. I'll give him another week and see which pair of gloves he's wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment