Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dad Gave Me......

Imagine if you will Tweety Bird on helium....got the picture?.....got the sound?

That is what greeted me at the door on Friday after work. I arrived home to find Mike (home early) and in charge of snack time. Usually Sydney handles this and is very, very schooled in what snacks will do what to which brother and, shall we say, their activity level. Mike unfortunately doesn't possess, retain or understand the residual affects of sugar overload. No, he really does know but sometimes slackens the reigns.

Eli greeted me with, "Mom,mom,mom dad made popcorn, we put sugar on it. It's really, really, really good. Do you want some, you can have some, I have some, it's really, really, REALLY GOOD!" I slowly turn to my husband, who is obliviously doctoring up his own popcorn.....no it wasn't actual sugar but close enough, it was Kettle Corn flavoring....not much difference. Thank goodness it's basketball practice night for Eli. I just feel sorry for the kids on the team that had to keep up with "Tweety Bird" and his Kettle Corn enhanced speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment