Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oh, Brother!

The following post is from "Big (and sometimes frustrated) sister, Sydney.

Over these months that we've had with Lucas and Eli, there has been many interesting things shared and said. I must admit a few times they've made me laugh so hard I cried a little. Everyone always asks how I am doing with them, now that I'm not the youngest anymore. Well, I am learning to be an older sister, learning to be on my guard at all times because they like to surprise me, I have also gotten better at catching things; they always keep me on my toes.

One thing that has always, and probably will always, catch me off-guard is when they say things in plain English. They will say them as plain as day, and it is usually directed at me. On a normal day it is, "Me no do dis," or, "Me no like dat." But on days like today, it goes something like, "SYDNEY! STOP POKING ME!", or, "Sydney, please help me with this!"

My personal favorite was tonight at the dinner table when Eli pops up and says, "Sydney's my friend." I thought, "Oh, that's really nice," then he continues, "Sydney can fly!" This is where I thought to myself, "Hm, I guess being his friend gives me magical powers." I'm not really sure what I should make of this, but hey, at least I'm his friend tonight!

I think I'm finally getting a hang of being an older sister now. It's kind of nice; although loud at times, it is fun. To all of you who are asking if they're picking up the language, most definitely! They might not quite get it all the time, but if you get them worked up, or they have something to say, they'll get their point across.
-Sydney Pickle


No comments:

Post a Comment