Monday, May 24, 2010

The Eyes Have It

Lucas has been fascinated from the very beginning by people's eyes. Blue eyes are his favorite as he really wants to have eyes like his dad.

This week-end we were sitting at the supper table, he grabs my arm and very worriedly asks, "what is wrong?" Huh? I said nothing, trying to scramble through the conversations going on at the table that he may have not understood. He insisted with, "What wrong with your eyes, they black?"

Ok, tact is not in the boys' realm, social norms pass them by so far. So I figured he was talking about the dark circles under my eyes. So I started to explain that. Nope that's not the concern. He was talking about my pupils. It was very bright in the house so they were smaller than I guess he'd seen.

He calls any eyes that are a different color than his, American eyes. I tried to explain that everyone has pupils and he did too, that it was just very hard to see his as his eyes are so dark. Ok that ended his eating as he had to run to the mirror to try and see his pupils. I'm surprised his eye lids are still attached as he pulled them every which way to try to see into them. Once again I lost this explanation because he wasn't able to see his.

No comments:

Post a Comment