Sunday, May 16, 2010

Screaming Snakes!

All I can say is yuck! Boys (and men because Mike was there too) can be so gross sometimes. Saturday was really nice here so we were trying to get some yard work accomplished. I was very happily mowing when I literally ran over a snake. Not a little one either (yes it was a gardener snake) but it was about 2 feet long. Let me say again.....Yuck!

Unfortunately for everyone including the snake it was not killed, at least not right away. I'm sorry I hate snakes ok? I did what I felt appropriate and screamed. Well apparently it was an impressive scream because it brought all the guys running....wish that worked when it was time to help in the house.

The boys who have discovered several little snakes in the yard prior to this are not what I would call particularly brave (they will deny this and claim great heroic deeds) when it comes to this latest encounter....they too screamed like little girls until Mike and our dog got ahold of the snake, then it was a complete free for all. I put the mower in gear and left the guys, the dog and the snake in the dust. The guys and dog are still here, the snake is not!

No comments:

Post a Comment