Monday, September 2, 2013

Writing and Reminders

I've written and re-written an article for Holt magazine about the boys' lives since coming home nearly 4 years ago.  As I wrote about previously this story has/had a different perspective than the ones I'd written previously.  More details were requested and it's been kind of hard to try to condense their stories into 1000 words.  There is just so much that has happened in their lives.  

The editor asked for a few pictures to go along with the article.  In digging through pictures I came across these two and they made me realize that Lucas and Eli truly have come so far in such a short time.  There is 9 years difference in these photos.  The one was taken about 4 months after they entered the orphanage, the other was one I took today.  If I was unable to capture their story in words, I think the pictures tell a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment