Friday, September 27, 2013

Hit Hard

Let me start by saying that the teenage era has arrived and hit Lucas hard.  I think the kid has every teenage malady known to exist.  A little attitude (sometimes a lot).  A little mood swing (always).  A whole lot of new found intelligence (he thinks he's smarter than his mom - he's not).  A belief that girls are the best thing to every happen to him (that changes on a minute to minute basis).

The poor kid doesn't know what's hit him.  His sisters (although female) and brother (who is quickly entering this phase) understand and totally get where he's at....and then they tease him mercilessly.  That doesn't deter this wayward teen from continuing his pronouncements, explanations, opinions and elevated sense of self.  It is amazing to watch, no matter how many teenagers you've watched go through this phase of life it is amazing, hilarious, sad at times and stupefying.

I must now go and tell my mom how much I appreciate her patience, tolerance and  for not locking me or any of my 4 siblings in a cellar until we reached 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment