Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Changing Diapers

Lucas is not stranger to caring for little ones, it was one of his "jobs" in the orphanage.  He primarily helped to feed and play with the babies and with that came changing their diapers.

We were standing in a check out lane when a frazzled mother came up behind us.  She was carrying a little one on her hip, who was apparently trying to deafen her mother and half the people in the store by throwing a huge tantrum.  I give the mom huge points as she wasn't coming unhinged at the raving child.  The little one wasn't really bothering me, after a certain point if the scream doesn't sound painful you overlook it.  I just happened to look back to make sure the boys were moving along with me, the baby looked at me, I made a funny face and the kid shut off in mid scream.  Let me tell you I'd have paid for a picture of Lucas, Eli and the moms' faces.  It was a fluke...I know that...but it worked.

It not only worked for the toddler, it worked on the boys...all the way to the car.  They climbed in, put their seat belts on and then I hear Lucas say, "Mom?  How did you know how to make that kid stop yelling?  Can you teach me that?  I'm going to need to know that when I have kids.  Oh ya....when I have kids you have to show me how to change diapers."

I said, "Luke you know how to change diapers.  What are you talking about?"  He said, "That were Philippine diapers with the pins or we tied them.  I don't know anything about American diapers.  You'll have to teach me."  Well I explained disposables are basically peel and stick.  He thought he could handle it.  Wait til his future wife finds out how well educated he is in the diaper duty area.  Another thing to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment