Saturday, August 17, 2013

and there he goes!

Today was the much anticipated/dreaded first football game of the season.  Eli was the excited, Lucas was the dejected.  I have to say I'm proud of both of them.  Eli for his performance and Lucas for standing on the sidelines cheering his team mates.  One of those hard to watch moments.

The boys' team won the game 24-7 with Eli running 55 yards for a touch down.  Thank goodness he listened because on the way to the game he was determined to do a back flip if he made a touchdown.  I'm not sure if I was holding my breath watching him run because he was doing so well or because I was terrified the little stinker would do the flip.  One broken son at a time is enough.

Lucas suited up and did his part from the side line.  He's still holding out hope that the xray at the end of next week will show a miracle and he will somehow get to play some time this season.  We will see.

I'm not quite sure what their oldest sister, Alison, thought she was going to see when she came out to watch today's game....she leaned over after watching the first quarter and said, "Mom.  I think I could like watching them play this sport, it's not nearly as bad as I thought."  What can I say, before Lucas and Eli showed up on the scene the Pickle's did not do sports....of any kind.  It was music, drama and piano.  There were no contact sports involved unless the three girls decided to have a sisterly argument.

I wonder if Alison knew she was standing and screaming as Eli ran down the field.....I'm thinking that she just may have out yelled me,  "there he goes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment