Sunday, June 30, 2013

Mt. Dew Laced Baseball

 I have no excuse.  I am a bad mom.....at least at Lucas' baseball championship game.  His team fought their way through a tough season and then continued to fight through the tournament games until they made it to the championship game.  After a billion trips to baseball practices, games where we didn't get home until after midnight....I wanted to watch this game.

Eli was with us (his team was eliminated earlier in the week) and usually pretty good about watching the game.  Until this game.  He wanted everything the snack stand had to sell plus all the food and drink I had in the cooler.  I wanted to watch the game so wasn't a 100% focused on all that Eli was yammering about.  He asked for a soda, I reached in the cooler and handed him one, a couple minutes later I looked over at him and realized that I handed him a Mt. Dew.   

This soda and Eli are not a good combination unless you are running an experiment of some sort as demonstrated a few minutes later as he catapulted off the top of the bleachers, leaping sideways about 15 feet and snagging a foul ball in mid air, tucking and rolling to come up off the ground to hand it to a little girl.  The crowd didn't know which way to look, at the field or in Eli's direction.

Yep.  Bad Mom.  I paid my dues because it is now 10:45 and he's still running full steam ahead.  The makers of Mt. Dew are missing out, they should figure a way to get cars to run on the stuff unfortunately I will no longer be contributing to their corporate coffers.


No comments:

Post a Comment