Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Birthday Underwear!

Yesterday, Eli celebrated his 12th birthday.  On Friday he will celebrate again.  Again on Saturday and by the looks of it Sunday too.  We just can't get everyone in one place these days.

He was so excited when I called home from work to check on his day.  I said, "so do you feel any different?"  His resounding answer?   "YES! I'm 12!"

I mentioned earlier that the favorite past time at our house these days is sibling torture.  Rachel and Sydney decided to have a little fun with Eli.  They told him that all of them were meeting me after work to go buy his birthday underwear.  You also may need to know that both of these girls have been in drama for years.  They are good. 

By the time they picked me up at 3:30 he was hollering from the backseat, "I don't want birthday underwear, I have underwear, I like my underwear, I'll wear my own."  Lucas also bought into the act because let's face it the only thing better than torturing one brother is torturing two.

We started out the 30 minute drive with him asking why I was in a hurry.  I of course had to contribute, "Well the underwear sale ends in 30 minutes so we've got to get there."  They both bought the story until the parking lot of the movie theater.  I wish I could have recorded Eli's scream.  Hilarious!

Rachel said that it was even worth enduring Iron Man 3 for the second time, just to see his smile.  


No comments:

Post a Comment