Friday, May 3, 2013

Mom? You Look Like Dirt

Some days boys can be tough on a mom's ego.  Today they were probably right in thinking I looked a little rough coming home from work.  It was an intense day.

A five hour software training (not fun), a tragedy with a students' family, cranky people ALL day long and I wasn't feeling the best to begin with.  But there was a silver lining....hey I'm looking for a bright spot in this day.

When I came in the door, both boys and Mike took one look at me, got me a pillow, the remote and a blanket, topped off by a pat on the head from Eli.  As the boys were moving off to the family room, I heard Eli say, "Wow, it must have been a bad day for mom."

Here I thought I was holding it together fairly well...guess not.  Really grateful for my guys tonight...even if they seem to be giving the "crazy" mom a lot of room.

No comments:

Post a Comment