Tuesday, April 30, 2013

It Makes Me Sad

Last night was a full night of baseball practices for both Lucas and Eli.  Quiet night for me...2 hours of mom time as Mike helps out at practice so it's just me, me, me.

After practice and the required clearing of all food in the refrigerator, all three congregated in the living room to rehash practice and talk about Eli's Tuesday night game.  Lucas was talking and I happened to turn my head to listen and I would not be able to tell you a single thing he said...I was dumbfounded as to who this young man sitting in my living room was and what on Earth had happened to my son.

One of the hardest things for me in adopting older children is how fast they grow up.  I felt that way with our daughters but with our sons it is like warp speed parenting and growth.  Yes, we have the fluctuation between boy and teenager....but last night was a whack us side my head that the future is here and the little boys we brought home from the Philippines are disappearing and becoming their future selves.  Makes me sad and happy at the same time if that is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment