Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Call Of Nature

We had another quiet night at home last night.  Thank goodness no sports practices as the March winds are blowing full force and I just didn't want to go back out.

After supper we had a family movie night and boys being boys what did they pick?  An old war movie.  Now when I say we have family movie night it really translates to we put a movie in the dvd player and then we play "parents answer a million questions about every topic that is not in any way related to anything in the movie."

Somewhere about 1/2 way through this movie Eli pops up in front of my face (literally) and says, "Mom.  Where do they go to the bathroom?"  (The soldiers were hiding in a cave).  I said outside.  Now this really should not have been a shocker as more than one time I've yelled from the back door that we do not go to the restroom outside even if we live in the country.

Apparently I was wrong.  Eli then screeched.....in my face, "WHAT?  GROSS!  They don't have any toilet paper!  What do they use?"  Whereupon the all knowing brother, Lucas, says, "Dude!  They use leaves!"  Eli's face.... priceless.  So I have no idea what happened during those lost 20 minutes of the movie because we had to go through why Mike will have to show the boys what poison ivy and nettles look like because I can pretty much guarantee there will be an experiment when it finally warms up in Iowa.

1 comment: