Tuesday, February 12, 2013

How Is It Possible?

We (I really mean me) have been working on one particular habit that the boys' have, that is sure to drive me into the crazy house....chomping their food.  Let me just say that chomping food is a pet peeve of mine...by anyone.

At first I thought it was because they were hungry and wanted to eat as much as possible, as fast as possible.  Then I thought it could be developmental as they didn't learn to eat solids on target.  Then I thought I should probably get over it as it wasn't improving, then I rethought that and decided someone was in grave danger of bodily injury if we didn't master silent chewing (or at least quieter).

I just can't figure out how it is possible to chomp with their mouths closed.  At one point I thought they were dislocating their jaws to make that much noise.  Who knew applesauce made noise?  How about rice?  It ALL makes noise.  I haven't given up....much as they want me to but I am looking into noise canceling headphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment