Monday, February 11, 2013

Exhaustion By Valentines

This is a short school week for our kids.  Their school Valentine's party is on Tuesday so Sunday afternoon we worked on Valentine cards for their classmates.  When I say worked on please translate that to "boy speak" meaning they wrote their friends name, signed their name and added a piece of candy.  Not as fun as the past couple years where they humored me and put a little effort into it.  Those days are over.

Apparently, the stress and work load were too much for Lucas.  He spent roughly 45 minutes on the task and then went to sleep on the couch at 5:00 and didn't wake up until 7:15 this morning.  Yes.  I did check on him, no he didn't appear ill.  The only thing I can contribute this "coma" to was the Valentine cards.

Footnote:  I'm home today from work and I am waiting for that call from school saying, "Mrs. Pickle, Lucas appears to be sick."

No comments:

Post a Comment