Saturday, February 23, 2013

Explanation Please

We have had a return to winter weather this past few days, lots of snow, wind and no school for anyone.  It's hard to tell who enjoys snow days off from school more, the kids or the adults who work at a school.  

It was not my intention to do much but enjoy the time off...yes I was strike.  But in the interest of self preservation and survival, I did periodically expect a little help with chores.  Play a little, do a chore usually works well.....until I discover the stock pile of dirty clothes that two certain sons have been creating behind their beds and on the closet floor.  So my laundry that I thought was done...was not...it is now and not by me.

What is it with kids?  It's not just the guys that do this I remember this as and issue with the girls.  Mom asks, "do you have your dirty clothes in the laundry room?"  Kid replies, "yes, yep, ya".  They do not!  The clothes hamper is 2 feet away but the floor is the chosen spot and once it hits the floor it becomes invisible and forgotten to them.

I wash it, they should get it to the laundry, right?  What are we doing on the 2nd snow day?  Vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, dusting, baking and......LAUNDRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment