Thursday, January 3, 2013

Too Tired To Move But Not Too Tired For Eating

Never in my wildest imaginings would I think to hear the words, "I'm too tired to move" come out of Eli's mouth.  Today was the first day back to school after the holiday break and the first day back to basketball practice.  It was a lot apparently.

He wasn't so tired that he couldn't eat.  We are definitely headed for another growth spurt.  I should just stop cooking anything but meat.  I looked over at his plate a couple nights ago, having fixed tacos for supper, did he have a taco shell, lettuce, cheese or tomatoes anywhere near his plate?  No.  It was one gigantic mound of hamburger.

What I found to be even more amazing was that his dad sat there, watched him load his plate and didn't think that possibly there could be some moderation involved.  But I shouldn't complain because, later, once again I turned my head, looked back and there was a second plate of hamburger.  I should have known by the shoveling involved with eating the first plate, a second would follow.

I guess we are lucky he hasn't developed an affinity for steak or we'd be having to start raising cattle.  I'm too tired for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment