Friday, December 28, 2012

"You Better"

Sometimes your kids can say or do things that embarrass you.  Sometimes....that can be reversed and your kids are the ones who are embarrassed by you.  I like to think of it an equalizing phenomenon. 

Yesterday (with 80% family approval - all the females) and something I've thought about for 5 years (procrastinator, planner or chicken that I am) was the day that I went to get a tattoo.  In Eli's words,  "Ya, I know right?"

It's nothing huge, inside wrist (under my watch band for work).  It says Blessed and has 5 bird silhouettes in flight, one for each of the kids.  When I left the house it was to Eli and Lucas shaking their heads.  Apparently, things of this nature are okay for them when they are older not mom.  I'm not sure a tattoo is in either of their futures as they would run or pass out at the sight of the process.

When I got back home Eli looked at me and said, "Well.  Do you like it?"  I told him that yes I do and I was really pleased with how it came out.  He took a look, looked up at me and said, "Well you better cause it's going to be there for ever and ever and it will NEVER EVER come off."   Hmmm.  Thanks son.

No comments:

Post a Comment