Sunday, November 27, 2011

Caution to All Little Butts

Hope everyone had a special Thanksgiving holiday. Ours was hectic, fun, hectic and busy. Notice a theme? Why we decide that an extended break for a holiday is a green light for house improvements is beyond me. Throw in the fact that Friday was my birthday and then because I'm apparently old, senile and gullible agree that, "Yes. It would be ok to re-floor and put in a new toilet....as my gift." What can I say. I got my first AARP letter the other day....thus old, senile and gullible were my other birthday gifts.

So after two days Mike and I, along with all 5 of our children at one point or another, supervising us installed the new flooring and the commode. The only thing we didn't run by Lucas and Eli was the selection of the toilet itself. They apparently have very strong feelings about their primary bathroom fixture as discussed where else but at the Sunday dinner table.

With all of our family in attendance, Lucas starts out with, "Hey! What do you think you are doing. That toilet is too big. I'm Filipino. I have little butt, that hole is too big, I will fall in it." With the added support of Eli, who had apparently already taken a dip into the bowl prior to it's placement, quickly agreed. His view point, "YEAH! I have the Filipino little butt, we don't need no big hole! I'm scared I fall in and go down."

Yes we laughed....come on you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment