Saturday, October 8, 2011

Alright I Listened, Now Be Prepared

Over the past two years on our family's adoption journey I've been encouraged, cajoled and pretty much told that I should write more than I do. I love to write, I am not an expert on anything just a mom who happens to have at varying times 5 pretty neat kids who are a never ending source of humor, frustration, angst, pride and a never ending source of writing material.

I've spoken with family members, friends, parents who are on their own adoption journeys, friends that I've met face to face, others via phone and web. I know some of these people have a wide range of why it is they ask me to write more. Some know that I love to write, some are friends who are touched by something that struck them here in the blog world. Some need to hear that others have traveled a road they are on and survived perhaps a little bruised and weary but hopefully better off for the journey. Some have met our family individually or as a unit and wonder...what if we...not because it's a perfect picture, far from it but it's a seed that might just need some "fertilizer". (Ha!)

There are others out there that fortunately I haven't heard a lot from. The detractors, the pessimistic, self involved ones who could care less what I say or what our family learns along the way. Great by me, they can pass on by and find another place to land.

For those of you out there that have faithfully read, cheered, both cried and rejoiced with us in our journey you will notice that with the usual posts there will be those posts that are slightly different and may speak to something that could hit home to you or you may wonder, "what in the world?" Whichever way it lands in your heart know that somewhere in the background there may be someone who can benefit...that's my hope. There may be someone who asked what we do/did or how we handle things and asked. I'm continually amazed at how willing people can be to share there accomplishments, struggles and needs. I'm also completely amazed by those of you out there that share your concerns and want to hear my take on them. Once again, I'm a wife and a mom, not an expert in anything just someone willing to put it out there for whatever someone can glean from the reading.

So. You asked for more. We'll see where it leads. At times this blog will look and sound the same, at other times it may read a little differently. Thank you to all of you for caring to follow and words of encouragement along the way. Bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment