Friday, September 30, 2011

Mom DOES NOT PULL TEETH!

I'm sure quite a few of you are going to laugh yourselves silly. Five kids....I do NOT pull teeth. Elementary secretary....I do not handle kids with wiggly, loose, hanging or in hand teeth. I will do almost any other kind of first aid...not teeth...ever!

This past week Mike was in Indiana for training classes and left last Sunday. Wouldn't you know it, Sunday night Eli announces that he has a wiggly tooth (the kid has lost more teeth in the last month than the previous 2 years). Being the concerned parent....I mentioned I DON'T DO TEETH.....kindly instructed him to keep that wiggler in his mouth until Dad came home....on Friday and oh ya, he probably shouldn't look directly at me lest I see the offending tooth. I thought we reached an understanding.

I guess that was too much to ask....Wednesday night cuddled up on the couch before bedtime watching a tv show, Eli says, "Mom." I, grossly miscalculating the evil plan of my youngest son, looked at him. There he sits beside me with his hand in my face holding his tooth. The very tooth that had been yanked out of his bloody mouth after I so lovingly told him to hold out for dad. Grinning ear to ear, blood oozing down his lip, laughing his goof ball head off. HE KNOWS I DON'T DO TEETH!

No comments:

Post a Comment