Sunday, August 21, 2011

Task Master

In preparation for Sydney's high school graduation next May, I thought I'd take a lesson from past experience and start on those "graduation" chores that we always seem to "think" are a must. I'm really hoping this graduation is less hectic.....Rachel's graduation 2 1/2 years ago saw us in the middle of home studies and psych evals for the boys' adoptions. No stress there.

This week-end saw me painting the living room and hallway. I hated having to do this. Number 1...I am not a good painter, Number 2...I really liked the old paint job, Number 3....I seem to have way more spectators and supervisors than actual help.

Sydney helped out as long as she could before leaving for work, Mike kept the boys occupied with outside chores most of the afternoon....that is until they had to make their million trips inside for water and then to stand with the hands on hips and judge how far I've gotten or not gotten as the case may be.

The last trip Lucas made through the house his statement of my work abilities was, "Hmmm. Not as bad as it looked last time I was in. Keep going you will get better." Gee. Thanks for the encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment