Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What Got Into Them?

Tuesday was the day for exploring and hiking the Badlands of South Dakota. I hiked my share but when the quartet of climbers you see below decided that they would climb the "difficult designated" trail, my bad knee and I opted to stay below and take pictures and call 911 if necessary. They all were ready for lunch and water by the time they got back to the bottom.



The photo above is interesting, thought I'd take a shot of it while they climbed...notice how tall that peak is?

Look closely. Do you see two little darker specks appear at the top?




Yep...it's them....no fear and no judgement on anyone's part.

The intrepid climbers are now ready for the Himalayans or at least a bottle of water since it looks like Lucas isn't sharing the one he has.

Mike demands that I say it is not as bad as it looks....yep stick to that story and I'll stick to my photographic proof.

The photo below is Sydney at the top confessing to the camera that it was a bad idea and how very sorry she was for following the misguided and ultimately how smart her mother was to stay below....she also said...."I'm too short to get back down."



No comments:

Post a Comment