Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sometimes You Make a Wrong Call

Well. I know I'm not alone. Parents in general mess up in dozens of ways every day. Sometimes....when your child announces they don't "feel good" a certain, undisclosed parent, will do a bare bones diagnosis and say...."Oh, I think you are ok. Let's try school and see how it goes." Yeah! Everyone heads out the door for the day.

Then that night, your child says, "I hurt here (pointing to his throat). Hmmm....ok. Said throat is a little red, typical cold symptoms develop (I'll spare you the descriptions) so said, unnamed Mom breaks out the cold meds and cold symptoms are alleviated.....Ummmm nope.

This morning Lucas' throat was nasty. Mike made a doctor's appointment. Once again, we are a little "sceptical" of driving 60 miles to the doctor in order to be told it's a virus, nothing to do but wait. Yep....not this time.

Lucas has bacterial pneumonia. Say it...go ahead...I have....BAD CALL MOM! He's on antibiotics and should be feeling better soon. I wonder how long it will take until I can read his ques. He kept saying he was ok......translation: I don't want you to take me to the doctor. When he points to his throat it could mean his chest. Pretty sure if he understood about mom guilt and that he possesses the ability to get most anything out of this inadequate parent......at least until the mom guilt wares off.

No comments:

Post a Comment