Wednesday, March 9, 2011

100% and Proud

For those of you that have been reading this blog for awhile, you know that Eli is our youngest. He also had a lot of preconceived, negative notions about education. It had always been a struggle, with little success and with even less positive reinforcement.

A lot can change in 15 months. We still have moments where he struggles and I'm quite positive that his patience and attention are short but he's excited to learn......that to us is huge....and apparently to him.

He met me at the door the other night. When I say met me at the door, translate this into I couldn't get the door open because he was standing on the other side of it waving a paper and screaming, "I got 100!"

When I wedged myself into the house, the famed test paper was shoved up my nose. He was dancing full tilt in the hallway singing some happy song about getting 100% on his spelling test. Then he stopped short, turned around and asked me if 100% makes him smart. To think this kid was every made to feel dumb is unbelievable. His creativity and ability to figure out how things work show he has so many talents. Now if we can just build on his academic confidence!

1 comment: