Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm Funny

We've noticed over the last few weeks how each of the boys' humor is expanding. Eli is always a goof ball but doesn't really understand jokes. Lucas takes almost everything seriously and waits to see if others find something funny. Part of it is language, part of it is probably not wanting to "get it wrong".

These last few weeks have really changed in this area. Knock, knock jokes are amazingly funny to them......we think so too even if it's the same one repeated 20 billion times. They laugh at jokes on tv and unfortunately they've learned to laugh hilariously at one another and their sisters, either of which usually ends badly.

Today Lucas came into the kitchen and said, "Mom, I'm funny. I wasn't funny in Philippines, I didn't know jokes, I'm funny here, I like jokes and laugh." With that he turned around and went back in his room to play. Here's to the goof ball and the knock, knock jokes and the arguments from teasing....whatever it takes to bring the laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment