Friday, October 8, 2010

Mom. I Have Friends

The boys take baby steps some days towards settling into their new lives. Yes. It has almost been a year since they came home but the settling in doesn't stop.

Most times we see two kids who are always on the move, energetic and wanting to know what comes next. Then there are the days when you see glimpses of their past experiences and the things that have been on their minds.

Tonight after the boys got home, Eli came running in and told me to close my eyes, he had a surprise. Ok we've done this every night this week. Class pictures came home and he's been exchanging pictures with the other kids in his class. Yep, he had a couple more tonight.

I looked at each one (had to shut my eyes each time while he pulled another picture from his pocket). Then he held each piece of his collection in his had and looked up and said, "Mom. I have friends here." Well, poo. Yep buddy you do. Another step.

No comments:

Post a Comment