Sunday, September 26, 2010

Denial

Lucas is the master craftsman of denial. This past week our weather has gotten definitively fall like with the temperatures to prove it.

The boys like to take whatever remnants of breakfast that are left over and go outside, sit on the patio and eat them. They love to eat outside. Works great in the summer not so much when you wake up and the temperature is hovering at 45 degrees.

I could hear Eli outside talking with the dogs I look out to see him in a sweatshirt, sweat socks and.....shorts. I see Lucas sitting there in shorts.....nothing else. Ok, I think to myself.....do I let them figure it out themselves or because we've been doctoring sore throats and colds all week, haul their kiesters in for warmer clothes. Because I hate giving medicine as much as they hate taking it, I opted to interrupt their polar bear imitations and tell them to get more clothes on.

Eli, who doesn't like the cold looks at his shaking knees and decides, "oh! maybe mom's right." Lucas turns to me with breakfast in hand, shaking and blue around the lips to say, "I not cold, I ok." Ummmm....don't think so. Sweat pants, socks and sweatshirt later he still insists because the sun is out he's not cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment