Saturday, July 31, 2010

Remember America Smells?

In the middle of Saturday morning chores Lucas came up and gave me a hug and announced, "Mom! Remember I came here and America smells!" Hmmmm. "What?"

"Remember when I came to America, I smell Philippines now I smell America." That is such a loaded statement for adopted kids. Good and bad, sad and happy. Another one of his senses changing to his new life. Not only learning language and sights but even smell is affected. Don't know if that particular thing was covered in many of the gazillion adoption books...if it was it didn't make an impact with me until today.

1 comment:

  1. Lori,

    You have such an insightful, profound little boy. Though, I admit, it must be sad to think that he is losing his "sense" of the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete